In line with our contextual analysis, vision and mission, the Institute has five overriding strategic objectives as follows:
- To promote the generation of credible Africa-led and Africa-owned opinion research to support better public policy, practice and advocacy amongst state and non-state actors.
- To promote citizens participation and strengthen democratic governance through research, publishing, disseminating and facilitating discussion of topical issues, thereby serving as a bridge between policymakers and citizens.
- To strengthen the advocacy for more socially-inclusive and bottom-up approaches to public policy formulation, execution and feedback mechanism, through our research activities.
- To provide a platform for regular dissemination of credible, scientific and independent opinion polls, surveys, social research and evaluation studies from the Institute and other peer research institutions and practitioners.
- To serve as a hub for technical capacity building on opinion research, social research, citizens participation and data-driven public policy, practice and advocacy.